
Sparkling things excite me. The twinkling lights of a city skyline, sunlight reflecting off the ocean, Christmas lights blinking over trees in Avondale. Jacksonville has been good to me, and it's here that I've lived for six years.
I firmly believe that you can be anywhere in Jacksonville in 15 minutes.
The Beach has the shore of course, and plenty of restaurants perfect for a leisurely weekend or Sunday brunch. Think Angie's, Sun Dog or Beach Diner.
Downtown is a special place for me and I hate to say I never explored it before my internship with the paper forced me to. Getting lost-which my friends know is easy for me-introduced me to the nooks and crannies of a complex center of the city. I owe my friends Kendall and Jesse for showing me all the best places. Florida Theatre, Burrito Gallery, The Pearl, MOCA, Mavericks, Marks, Dive. The list goes one.
Then you have 5 Points and beautiful, historic Avondale and Riverside and svelte San Marco. You can get lost in the unique boutiques in both places, and often I've spent a day alone wandering crackled sidewalks in search for the perfect gift for a friend-or myself.
I read somewhere that people love bulleted lists, and will read anything in numbered form. I aim to please.
10 Reasons why I love Jacksonville
1. The view of that sparkling water over our seven bridges
2. Thirsty Thursdays baseball games with the Jacksonville Suns
3. The Film Festival with its parties, indie film and general downtown revelry
4. Getting in touch with your redneck side at the Crazy Horse-you HAVE to do Wild, Wild West!
5. Finding new places to dine. The Secret Garden was an amazing discovery :)
6. Concerts in the historic Florida Theatre-I love you Tony Bennett!
7. The vintage jewelry at Fans and Stoves Antique Mall
8. Art Walk downtown
9. The crazy disco floor at The Pearl
10. Having friends to share all this with.
2 comments:
Love the Florida Theatre reference!! And the part about me of course:) Love ya!
Go Jax!
You firmly believe you can make it anywhere in Jax in 15 minutes?
I wanna ride with you!
Post a Comment