Taking in the view from the 10th story terrace of the Hotel San Anton, Misae and I spotted this Rotary sculpture in a nearby garden. So of course we ran over to snag some photos.
I gave my presentation to the Rotary Club of Granada, in Spanish of course. A little about my scholarship, about my work, my life and future plans. I wasn't as nervous as I thought I would be, and was very pleased that I could speak in the language that I have been studying for the last three months. I only have six days left in this wonderful city.
What I've learned here in Spain
1. Going back to school is hard, learning how to not spend hundreds on phone bills....harder
2. It's not always sunny and warm here, in fact it's about 40 degrees right now...in the daylight
3. Regardless of culture, food, family and friends are VERY important
4. I really don't like ham:)
5. Rotary truly is international, and connects you with friends you never knew you could have
6. Many words that sound exactly the same mean two totally different things....the Plaza de Los Lobos-Plaza of the Wolves is definitely not the Plaza de Los Lomos...Plaza of the Pork Loin?
My mistake:)
7. Everybody has their own talents, and I need to learn to appreciate my own
8. You always want what you can't have
9. Language is power...
10. I'm extremely lucky to have been granted this scholarship
Thank you to everyone who has been reading...I'm sure I will post a couple more times before I jet...but, it's been a fun time hasn't it?
No comments:
Post a Comment